Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Ve are going to kill you because you don't vant to listen."

"We're going to kill you because you don't want to listen." (From IRINNews..)

"They are coming"... three words to turn your stomach. Zen Ven zey arrive zey break ze vindows.. rape ze woman unt kill de man...

Kwerekwere are not welcome back in the townships..."I know at least 20 people who went to be reintegrated and were raped or killed or attacked," Asad Abdullahi, a Somali leader in Cape Town's Blue Waters Security Site, told IRIN. "I've attended their funerals, and still have their documentation for asylum seeking."

South African Police Service wrote in response to allegations of 10 "xenophobia deaths": "We do not have any record of the existence of xenophobia in the Western Cape for that period. Be advised that several cases of crime however were reported." (Hahaha... or perhaps Bwhahahahahahahaha? Several cases of crime were reported... SAP... )

An SAP officer who had urinated on the tap where the kwerekwere bathe allegedly said that he was in his country and could do whatever he liked,

"If the police, who are supposed to protect you, say things like that, and you're still pressing me to go reintegrate, I ask you, who is going to protect me there?"

Aunesi Omari – who, in her five years in South Africa has seen her brother killed, her daughter raped, and her home taken away from her – seem to have fallen into passive desperation.

"Now they're talking about evicting us from the camp. I don't know which place I'm going to go. I'm looking everywhere for where I'm going to be safe. In South Africa I'm not safe, and in my country I'm not safe. Where can I go with five children? I really don't know what I'm going to do."

No comments: